The H. A. Shah Group of Companies, originally only a singular entity by the name of H. A. Shah & Sons, was founded in 1890 as a leading construction company in Ludhiana, India. Post partition, the business was re-continued in 1965 by the family’s 2nd generation, Mr. Ashraf Hussain Bokhari, & it wasn’t until another decade that the company took its roots in the chemical analysis market of Pakistan, with the new head office shifted to the country’s capital, Islamabad, in 1975. Starting off as the exclusive distributor of Metrohm (Switzerland) and Anton Paar (Austria), H. A. Shah & Sons set a milestone in the history of Pakistan’s chemical analysis industry, as this was the first time that industrial devices and products relevant to this field and manufactured by the global market leaders were made available in the country..
Rawalpindi office inaugurated
Business taken over by the family’s 2nd generation: Mr. A. H. Bokhari.
Enters the chemical analysis industry
Starts off as the exclusive distributor of Metrohm (Switzerland) and Anton Paar (Austria) in Pakistan.
Karachi office inaugrated
Becomes the exclusive distributor of Retsch(Germany).
Becomes the exclusive distributor of Agilent Technologies (USA)
Business taken over by family’s 3rd generation.
Inauguration of Lahore's and Peshawar's office
Bangladesh office inaugurated
Founding of Chrom World 2008
Chrom World expands its market to the Middle East and opens up office in UAE
Company attains international standards (ISO 9001:2008 Certification obtained) and forms H. A. Shah Group of Companies.
Company launches Chemistries , Forensic and Supply Divisions.
Proline Pakistan launched as a joint venture with Proline Turkey